Swami Ajaya, one of the authors of the famous book “Yoga and Psychotherapy” lectures and leads workshops in Hungary!
He has the unique distinction of being both a licensed clinical psychologist and a Swami initiated by Swami Rama (Himalayan Institute).
He has spent over forty years studying and teaching Yoga and meditation while also researching the effectiveness of entheogens in releasing dysfunctional patterns in the body-mind.
Swami Ajaya in Hungary
We organize regular visits to Hungary with Swami Ajaya.
His next scheduled arrival will be at the end of April, 2014.
Please find the Program of his last stay below:
September 06, 2013 — 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
The Evolution of Consciousness
Rácz Jenő Iván rendelője – (1062 Budapest, Aradi u. 17, fsz 3., close to Oktogon, entrance code: 2008A), 3.500 HUF
September 07, 2013 — 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Psychedelics: emotional and spiritual healing?
Buddhist College of Hungary (1098 Budapest, Börzsöny utca 11.), 12.000 HUF
September 08, 2013 — 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Svaroopa Yoga Workshop with Bhavani
AUM Yoga Centre (Budapest VII., Károly krt. 3/A), 3.500 HUF
September 09, 2013 — 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Further reaches of Transpersonal Psychotherapy
Jóga és Önismeret Központ (1111 Budapest, Lágymányosi utca 12 I.e. 3.; entrance: Daubner), 3.500 HUF
September 10, 2013 — 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Two ways of yoga: self-improvement vs. self-acceptance
Ahimsa Yoga Center, Veszprém (József Attila u. 9.), 2.500 HUF
September 12-15, 2013
RETREAT – The tantric way of enlightenment
Kerekerdő, Uzsa, Hungary, detailed information:
- Location: https://kerekerdo.hu/kapcsolat.html – 8321 Uzsa, Kerekerdő.
- Time: Sept 12 17:00 – Sept 15 12:00
- Cost: 55.000 HUF ~ 250 USD (includes food and accomodation)
- Accomodation: find pictures here: https://kerekerdo.hu/kerekerdokepek.html 2-3 people in a wodden home.
- Food: vegetarian food 3 times a day, prepared with lots of love from their own garden
- Transportation: there is no official transportation from the airport. However, lots of people are coming from Budapest to the Retreat so in case if you are interested, I can organize the transportation with one of them.
- Registration: just let me know that you would like to come and bring the money with you. Email address info AT jogapszichologia DOT hu.
Yoga and Psychotherapy
Teachings of Yoga psychology (Upanishads, Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Yoga Vashista, Tantra) recognise that Spirit, God, Universal Consciousness or whatever you call the unnamable, manifests itself as everything that exists, including ourselves. All of our struggles, fears, defensiveness, depression, anxiety and so on come from not recognizing this in our moment-by-moment experience. Anything short of this recognition leaves us mired in distress.
Yoga psychology gives us a philosophical foundation, but not necessarily the means to work with people individually as they struggle with their imagined limitations. Blending Western psychology and Yoga psychology helps the client to discover living in kindness to themself and others, moment by moment, revering each experience as revealing the way into an integrated expression of the truth of what is.
During the Hungarian events, we will explore how an integration of spiritual practices, psychotherapy, yoga, and using psychedelics in an optimal setting can lead to lasting and profound changes in our personality structure and our sense of well being.
- info AT jogapszichologia.hu
- +36 30 364 0 364
- in Hungarian: Jóga és Pszichoterápia